If there’s one staple in your pantry, it’s got to be homemade nut butter. You can slather it on top of pancakes, waffles, or even your morning toast. Almond butter tastes particularly delicious with apples, carrots, crackers, pitas, and bananas. It’s the perfect go-to healthy snack that’ll keep you craving for more.
You’ll find several brands offering a variety of nut butter, but once you taste the homemade version, we guarantee there’s no going back. The best part is that you can make it based on your preferences, such as adding salt or flavors like vanilla or cinnamon. You can make it super creamy or throw in some chopped almonds for a crunchier feel.
Here’s how you can make rich, creamy almond butter at home:
What Do You Need?
- Raw almonds: The better the quality, the better the result
- A food processor or high-speed blender
- Sea salt to enhance the flavor
- Oil: This is optional
What To Do?
Making almond butter is simple. All you need to do is put a bunch of almonds in a food processor and let the machine do its job. You’ll see the almonds go through several steps before they are turned into almond butter. The process is quick and tastes excellent. If the consistency is still thick, you can add some oil to ensure it blends smoothly. Lastly, add a pinch of sea salt, and you’re done. Thick, creamy almond butter ready to be devoured!
The thickness and consistency depend on your liking. If you’re looking for a spread, then keep it thick and store it in a jar. For other recipes such as almond smoothies, cupcakes, or bread you a runny consistency will work well.
Store this in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator. You can use this for up to a month.
Tips To Keep in Mind:
- Roast the almonds. This adds tons of flavor to the butter. You can pop almonds in your oven for about ten to fifteen minutes and then let them cool down before using.
- Make sure the nuts you choose are unsalted and farm-fresh: this affects the taste and quality.
- Experiment with cinnamon and vanilla extract. If you want to add more flavor, a dash of cinnamon and vanilla will make your butter irresistible.
Almond Butter Benefits
Almond butter has more vitamins, minerals, and fiber compared to peanut butter. This makes it an excellent source of monounsaturated fats that help lower the risk of heart disease. Almonds are also rich in vitamin E, which reduces cholesterol. In addition, the magnesium in almonds promotes healthy blood pressure.
What are you waiting for? Make your very own nut butter today. Buy the best almonds online from Bloom Nuts. We have a range of fresh, flavored, and salted split almonds.Shop wholesale almonds and get them delivered to your doorstep.